Friday, June 12, 2009

It begins and continues...

Ensconced in a nice leather chair (and assuming the bovine that bit the dust for my comfort had lost the will to live) I'll begin to blog in earnest...(Maybe 'Earnest was the...never mind.)
The drive over was pleasant and uneventful. I pull through the gates, roll down my window in preparation for visiting with the gatehouse person and...begora! The gatehouse is gone. I notice though that my beloved 10 y.o. Honda is sounding a bit louder than usual. And within 10 seconds of this realization I notice that the car is now really, really loud because the center pipe (Just turn to the person next to you and ask, "Do you know what a center pipe is?) has fallen off. I'm sure there's a wire coat hanger here somewhere... Anyway, if you see a little silver car that sounds like a huge truck, c'est moi!

But the day has quickly improved with meeting mentee/facebook friend Daniel, saying 'hi' to people who look vaguely familiar (Hey, the '60s were hard on me and my 60s don't appear to be any easier.) and visiting with people I've known for some time. The stated purpose of the Annual Conference Meeting is not to reconnect with old friends and make new ones but for a goodly number of us, it is.

We'll get the intended work done, no doubt; worship heartily; listen attentively (Hey, God saw that eyeroll!); and, because of or inspite of us, God's realm will be more fully realized within, among and beyond.

So...how was your arrival?

1 comment:

  1. Earnest was the cow? You write well, nice to see your voice in text!

    ReplyDelete